Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Importance of a Strong Education

The Importance of a Strong Education

Our educational system will never be perfect, especially not for our generation. We’ve been using the banking system for as long as education has been important, where we take in and store the information that we are told to know, and then withdraw it only for when we need to know it. Not much is seared into our minds, only the things we can relate too and that we think are important to us. We’re put onto assembly lines to have our minds all built the same and think the same. My educational experience has a lot to do with the banking system and with assembly lines. Within my first four years of school, I was already pointed in the wrong direction, far from correlating with the school system, all I wanted was to learn something I could relate too.
When I was born my family moved out of urban civilization and into the hills, far from any type of city. There, in the hills, I grew up and went to school. My life revolved around nature and the outdoors. When I was four, it was time to start school. I started kindergarten at a school called Montebello Elementary, only a few miles up the hill from where I lived. The school consisted of a total of seven staff members, 37 students, and three classrooms. The first teacher, she taught two grades at once, Kindergarten and first grade. The second teacher taught second and third. And the third teacher taught fourth, fifth, and sixth. The rest of the staff was the P.E. teacher and office faculty. While one grade was learning the other was sitting doing nothing, so only half of the times were you actually learning

No comments:

Post a Comment